I was very honoured to speak at the FUNNEL B2B Marketing and Sales event in Sydney on the 19th Nov. It was the first time this event had been run in Australia (it is well known in the UK). 280 delegates attended, from around Australia.
I enjoyed many of the other speakers' presentations and met interesting people - most of whom were there to discuss and learn about the impact of technology; digital, big data and analytics on the profession.
The tweets flowed and a lot of great points were shared with the hashtag #funnel12. A few quotes that stood out to me from the day:
- "Inbound converts 300% more than outbound at SAP, which is why we're focussed on pull marketing" ~ Ray Kloss, SAP
- "Digital comms are about relevancy, not reach" ~ Benoit Droulez, Traction Digital
- "Begin with the customer experience & work back toward the technology" ~ Quote from Steve Jobs, used in a presentation
- "Stories are 6-7 more times likely to be remembered than traditional corp. messages" ~ Joanne Jacobs, 1000 Heads
- "I wouldn't call it social media - I'd call it digital relationships" ~ Ray Kloss, SAP
- And my favorite...?! "Lightbulb moment listening to @RoHetherington re Constituencies vs Audiences!" ~ Bronwyn Cook
I will share my presentation in the next post.
Many thanks to Brad Langton and the FUNNEL team for creating an enjoyable and valuable event.